DealRoom is a competitive virtual data room provider. Its specialty is Mergers and Acquisitions. DealRoom products and services help carry out complicated M&A processes, while minimizing risks and managerial routine. Using DealRoom software allows safer, faster, and cheaper cooperation.
Founded in 2012 in Chicago, DealRoom is now based in Amsterdam, in the Netherlands. Their headquarters there is DealRoom’s only offline office. Online client support is delivered 24/7/365 via e-mail, phone, and live chat.
- DealRoom delivers services for managing the whole M&A cycle, keeping every process structured, protected, and available. DealRoom offers software and virtual data rooms.
- Solutions provided by DealRoom are pipeline management, due diligence process, post-merger integration, M&A project management and virtual data rooms.
- Products that DealRoom supplies are M&A software, due diligence software, post-merger integration software, virtual data room, M&A project management, M&A deal management, M&A pipeline management software, and deal flow software.
- DealRoom solutions are intended for buy side, sell side, advisors, private equity, corporate development, investment banking, legal, startups and investors, real estate, IPO, renewable energy, oil and gas, as well as finance parties. DealRoom solutions perfectly fit medium to large companies within many industries, but there are options for companies of every type and size.
- DealRoom onboarding services include help in arranging virtual data rooms, smoothening workflow, team training, and even a help desk for customers’ clients.
If you wish to try DealRoom, there’s a free 14-day trial, but there’s no demo version.
Pros and cons
DealRoom’s mission is to simplify M&A management and deals. Working with DealRoom has pros and cons.
|Single, centralized database for all essential business data||Costly pricing compared to an average VDR|
|Simple communication and collaboration between dealmakers.||Low cost-efficiency for small businesses|
|Detailed analytics for deep data room interaction insights||Full feature set only available to subscribers|
|Secure documents upload and view||Slow processes of importing and exporting templates|
|Ready-made, fully adjustable due diligence checklists||Bugs like missing plugins repeatedly reported by customers|
|Clear UI interface and detailed user behavior reports|
|High-level technical support and full customer maintenance during transactions|
|Bulk download opportunity and drag-and-drop file uploads|
DealRoom pricing is above average, but it’s reasonable if one considers it includes analytics. Payments can be either per month or annual. Long-term projects turn out more cost-effective.
There are four pricing options, starting from $1,000 for Pipeline, then $1,250/month for a single project, for (unlimited users, 5GB data storage). Price for the Cross-Team Professional plan (unlimited projects and users, pipeline management, 20GB data storage) is available on request, and so is the price for the Enterprise plan (for large businesses)..
Support and deployment
DealRoom is an M&A due diligence SaaS. It’s web-based, and can be deployed on Cloud and Windows, but it’s not adaptive for Android or Apple mobile apps. Users don’t need to install extra programs or plugins.
DealRoom provides technical support 24/7 via live chat, phone, email and the DealRoomBot.
DealRoom uses two-step verification and allows its customers to customize access permissions and privacy settings in order to keep their data safe. All data stored in DealRoom is protected by 256-bit AES data encryption.
DealRoom also offers an API, which provides a completely secure interface. On top of that, DealRoom is audited and certified by SSAE 16, SOC 1, SOC 2, FISMA, HIPAA, and ISO 27001.